DBS: Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB).
This is a Criminal Record Check (CRB) as well as an identity check.
Brilliant Nannies can perform an Enhanced DBS check for you, whether you are a child carer and/or an adult carer, also if you are a parent employing a child carer.
For childcare jobs we require an Enhanced check, basic disclosures are not accepted to register with our agency.
We charge £80 to process an Enhanced DBS check that can be paid via Paypal or via bank transfer (please request our bank details).
Once payment is made, we will email you an online the applicant will be able to sign up to the update service to guarantee an automatic update yearly which is checkable on line at anytime by the employer for £13 per year.
Important: Its mandatory to be enrolled on the update service to register with the Ofsted.
After filling the form and gathering your documents please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org to book your video call, where you need to show us your original documents via the camera, we will be able form that will then be passed to one of our umbrella body called On Line DBS.
The certificate number can be used online to get an up to date check for spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings plus any additional information held by the local police that’s considered relevant to the childcarer.
“The Disclosure Form” which asks for the following information from the applicant:
- Name of the applicant
- Identity documents, which may include Passport, ID and/or Birth certificate if you were born in the UK
- Driver License if applicable (both card and counterpart)
- National Insurance number
- Town and County of Birth
- Previous 5 years addresses (UK and abroad)
You need to provide your address history from the past 5 years in the UK or abroad but only proof from your current address. (all documents must be original and official).
- Mortgage Statement (UK or EEA) (12 months)
- Bank/ Building Society Statement (UK or EEA) (3 months)
- Bank/ Building Society Account Opening Confirmation Letter (UK)
- Credit Card Statement (UK) (3 months)
- Financial Statement – e.g. pension, endowment, isa, etc. (UK) (12 months)
- P45/ P60 Statement (UK) (12 months)
- Council Tax Statement (UK) (12 months)
- Work Permit/ Visa (UK) (12 months)
- Letter Of Sponsorship From Future Employment Provider (Non-UK Only) (Applicants residing outside of UK at time of application)
- Utility Bill – not mobile phone (UK) (3 months)
- Benefit Statement – e.g. Child Allowance, Pension. (3 months)
- A Document From Central/ Local Government/ Government Agency/ Local Authority Giving Entitlement (UK) (3 months)
- EU National ID Card
- Cards Carrying The Pass Accreditation Logo (UK)
- Letter From Head Teacher Or College Principal (16 /17 yr olds in full time education)The Enhanced disclosure checks the following:
- Unspent Criminal convictions
- Spent criminal convictions
- Cautions, reprimands and final warnings
- Inclusion on children’s’ lists
- Inclusion on adults’ lists
- Other relevant information held by police forces.
Applicants should be aware that this service could take up to 6 months, it depends on the candidate’s history but usually it’s ready in 10 days. This must be considered when applying for or offering jobs.
DBS official website with full information: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/use-the-dbs-website-to-answer-your-query
DBS update service link: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Enhanced DBS Refund and Cancellation Policy: Payment is non-refundable since 24/02/17
Polite notice: Please note that we don’t chase candidates after payment. Candidates must follow our instructions and email us to book their slot.
DBS checks are considered essential for all childcare applicants in the UK.
Contact us now: WhatsApp: 07487 566434 or Tel: 0203 286 8208
or alternatively email us at email@example.com
Brilliant Nannies @ Brilliant Rates